3day Travel guide to Ceb-Tablas-Carabao island- Boracay-Cebu

The island of Romblon is composed of three main islands; Tablas, Romblon and Sibuyan. Tablas is the largest among the islands and Romblon being the capital.
The three municipalities boost their own tourist attractions.

Check out this sample travel guide and tips as I venture the islands of Tablas Romblon, Carabao island and a side trip to the world famous Boracay island!

Day 1

 I have been working in an airline thus having the benefit of free tickets. My point of origin is Cebu and will touch down in Caticlan, Aklan.  I arrived in Caticlan at around 0620H and walked my way to the jetty port and had a quick breakfast. I boarded a Looc, Tablas bound ferry and it took us 2.5 hours of rough sea transfer, fare is 300php. 

Welcome Arc when you enter Looc port

You'll arrive in Looc at around 1000H. Just a few metres walk from the port, you will reach the Looc Marine Sanctuary- my first stop! It is a protected area of over 48hectares for marine life. You may opt to start your tour here. Entrance fee is 100 per head but if in the event you are the only tourist around, you will be paying 300php and you own the whole area for 3hours. Half of what you paid goes to the Local Government Unit of Tablas Romblon, so atleast it's a big help for the locals. Snorkling gears are available for rent for 50php.


Right after the first stop, I hired a habal-habal to tour me around. You can contact Manoy Jay-R at +639480729529 for 500php. He drove right to our second destination, Aglicay cove! I suggest not to take a trike as the road to Aglicay is quite rough, bumpy and hard to reach. It is at least 25-30mins from Looc. 

Aglicay beach resort

Aglicay beach cove

Aglicay beach resort collects 100php as entrance for daytour as it is privately owned but if you are staying overnight at the resort then, you can make use of all they can offer; white sand beach, beautiful cove, tall coconut trees for shades and a relaxing and peaceful stay.
As for me, I only stayed there for an hour to take photos. I was a jaunt but I did enjoyed the captivating view! However, our next stop won't deprive you with beauty similar to Aglicay's. Let us all experience Binucot beach's sunset!

Beautiful sunset in Binucot beach

Just a few drive away from Aglicay resort, you'll definitely love the serene and relaxing Binucot beach. As I reached the resort, I decided to stay here for the night at one snap. I guess this place is just so peaceful and deafining in silence. No crowds to avoid, but only relaxing sound of waves and birds singing above the shady trees. It's like between you and Nature! Can you imagine that! 😀

Sunset Resort

I stayed at a dorm type room which I had it myself since it was lean season. Room rate starts at 800php but I haggled and they gave it for 600php. Staffs are so accomodating and nice. During may stay anyway, the cook was away so I had my dinner at the other resort. They also have a very sweet pet dog, sorry I forgot his name. He keeps on running around the shore and he can even swim. 

Sunset resort

Binucot beach 

Dancing with the sunset 😁

Grilled chicken and crab soup for dinner!

Day 2

On the next morning, Manoy Jay-R fetched and asked him to send me to Sta. Fe for my next stop- Carabao island!

From Ferrol Tablas Romblon, it'll you 45mins to 1 hour drive to reach Sta. Fe jetty port. Ride is a bit bumpy and dusty since there are parts of the road that hasn't been paved yet. Ferry will only depart as soon as buses from Odiongan arrives but regularly it departs Sta. Fe at 0700H and you should be there early. Travel time is 1 hour for only 100php. 

Port of the Said


Upon arrival in Hambil, habal-habal drivers flocked the port offering tours and accomodation around the island. I hopped on to Kuya Erwin's motorcycle and started the tour for 500php. I forgot to haggle as I was just so amazed in awe with its beauty and simplicity of the island. 

Kameo Lodge

I stayed at Kameo Lodge at 500php overnight and it is already beachfront.

Places to go in Carabao island:

 Kuding-kuding cliff jumping



Tagaytay viewpoint

 Hambil beach

Hambil beach

*Kuding-kuding cave and cliff jumping -  is a 25mins rough ride from your hotel via habal-habal. Entrance fee is 100php

My most thrilling jump! Lols!
Don't forget your own life vest! Better safe than never!



*Tagaytay view point -  highest peak of the island wherein Boracay island is visible from afar. 50php entrance fee.

*Hambil white sand beach-  a long white sand beach and clear water. Great place to stay after a rough tour of the island. Sunrise here is at its best too.

Welcome arc at night

 Ancestral house

 Stalls along the road

Moonlit night

*Lanas Beach-  is on the other side of Hambil where variety of resorts stood. You can make a bonfore and watch the sun as it sets. 


There's nothing much to do in Carabao island right after the tour. All you can do at night (if travelling alone) is to stare at the beauty of the night. Please dont forget to apply insect repelant. And one more thing, network signals isn't that strong on the island and I guess its a great time to atleast stay disconnected from a noisy crowd. 


Note: Electricity at night will no longer be turned off, only until 0600H. 

Day 3

As early as 0530H, I am already awake to prepare for my Boracay island trip.  I stayed in Hambil since there is only one trip every day departing at 0700H. The ferry departs from here to Caticlan but one boatman told me that there are also ferries that ply directly to station 1 of Boracay island ( the ferry boat will be used during island hopping tours in Boracay.) And here's the catch, since I am not an Aklanon, if I will be arriving in Caticlan to Boracay island, it's gonna be a rip off as there will be several fees to be collected; terminal and environmental and boat fee. So, I decided to take a habal-habal to Lanas, its on the other side of the island, for a fee of 100php. And from there, there are small outriggered boats that will bring you to the island of Boracay for 50php. You must be able to board a ferry before 0700H or before all boats had departed. 


NOTE: These boats doesn't really ferry passengers or locals to Boracay, but it is the locals who ask boat owners to bring them to the island for work. And if the boat owner refuses, you'll gonna look for another boat and ask again. As per a local, "pakapalan lang daw yan ng mukha". Don't forget to say thank you upon arrival. It's a 30mins rough ride for 50php.


Boracay island and its white sand!

Boracay island's long stretch shore line!

 Though I have reserved a hotel in Boracay, I decided not to stay overnight as I've been here several times already. My flight was at 1540H and I arrived at 0900H so I walked around the island with enough time to kill and still with awe, Boracay is really a beauty. 
No matter how crowded it gets, local or international tourist will really there stay on the island. 

Around Boracay island

Hue Resort in Boracay

Bon chon's Beef bibimbap

Expences

Day 1
Cebu to Caticlan Airport terminal fee 315php
Caticlan to Looc- 300php
Sunset cove resort- 600php
Looc Sanctuary- 300php
Habal-habal- 500php
Dinner at Escape resort- 250php

Day 2
Ferrol to Sta. Fe port- 300php
Sta. Fe to Hambil- 100php
Kameo lodge- 500php
Habalhabal tour- 500php
Kudingkuding entrance- 100php
Tagaytay viewpoint- 50php
Foods- 200php

Day 3
Hambil to Lanas- 100php
Lanas to Boracay- 50php
Food- 200php
Pasalubong- 200php
Boracay to Caticlan- 25php
Terminal fee (non-Aklanon)- 100php
Teminal fee Caticlan to Cebu- 200php


Total: 4890php

Note: This travel is personal expence and only noted high amount spent. 

Breakdown of routes:

Cebu-Caticlan-Looc Tablas- Sta. Fe Tablas- Carabao island- Boracay island- Caticlan- Cebu.

How to get to Tablas Romblon:

Cebu Pacific has direct flight from Manila to Tablas Romblon. You may check their website for promos. 

You may also fly from Manila/Cebu to Caticlan. From Caticlan jetty port, there are ferry boats going to Looc in Tablas. Travel time is 2.5hours. Schedule may vary but regularly ETD is at 0900H. 
There are also a trip going to Carabao island or also known as Hambil. You may want to use Hambil when asking around. Travel time is 45mins to 1hour at 100php. 


Things to bring:

Snorkling gears if you don't want to rent
Underwater camera
Insect repelant
Sun block
Drinking water
Life vest- essential for the cliff jumping
Good music
Comfortable wears

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quick and easy guide for your Drivers License renewal (non-professional)

Island born of Fire, Camiguin 2days and 1night travel guide!

A stone throw coffeshops around Cebu.